Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thailand and Technology

December

Hi All! It's been awhile, and I blame most of it on my technology issues here in Thailand. Let me just take a moment to vent. It all started when my iPhone decided to turn off at random battery percentage; 75%, then 80%, and eventually it would only work when plugged in, until one day, it just wouldn't turn on. No big deal right, I still had my Mac and an iPhone 3 that worked, but takes a whole minute to type two words. Well, I may have jinxed myself, because not a month later, my Mac decided it was going to not work anymore either. Great! And I digress...I am now an iPad owner and I love it! I still miss typing impeccably fast on a real keyboard, but no more complaints. Let's see, where have I left off? December in Thailand was crazy busy. Between buying a motorbike, practicing for The Joy school New Years Show, actually getting used to the classes, visiting Koh Samui, trying out flying yoga, having a 'family' Christmas with all of the teachers and planning a trip for our five day New Years Break, my mind (and bank account) were checked out!


 [Flying Yoga - my new favorite way to stretch-it-out; don't mind my dirty Thailand feet]


 [LL Cool J - Lime Lightening Cool Jenn :)]

Christmas in Thailand was actually pretty amazing! All of the teachers went in on an amazing Christmas dinner. It was really like being at home. Chickens, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, mac'n cheese, cheese platters and so much more. I went home with a big stomach and an even bigger heart! :)



We also had some really fun celebrations the entire week of Christmas at The Language. All of the staff dressed up as Santa's helpers everyday and we did fun activities with the students, and they all had a gift exchange. There was a lot of Christmas coloring by numbers and decoration making workshops going on in my classes the entire week.




The Joy School New Year's Show was interesting, to say the least, but the kids had a great time getting dressed up and their make-up done. It was a day filled with Thai music, dancing and lots of yummy, sugary, food.




The next day started our New Year's Break. We journeyed early Saturday morning, on a private bus that played the loudest Thai/techno combination of music imaginable, to Ao Nang. Upon arrival, we had to get a taxi boat over to TonSai where we would be staying for the next five days. I really enjoyed the long tail taxi ride. TonSai was a lot of fun. It truly is a rock climbers paradise. The sheer immensity of the cliffs that surrounded us was amazing. I constantly was playing "where is Waldo?" with the climbers. We had a lot of adventures on this New Years trip, including; kayaking through and around limestone cliffs, deep water soloing, and Maggie's and my favorite, getting really really sick on New Year's Eve. We didn't let it ruin our fun though, and we were able to enjoy a nice Mexican meal and let off paper lanterns at the strike of midnight.













As 2014 let loose and I realized how much time was flying by, it was time to start planning the rest of my stay here in Thailand.

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment